Previously we shared Stardock’s Start8 for start menu back in windows 8 but There is problem of licence of software , now we are going to talk about Pokki, Pokki does not aim at being an exact replica of the Start button and menu in previous Windows editions, but it has its own, original layout to serve this purpose. It installs as a Start button in Windows 8, but it brings to the table additional benefits as well.
Pokki offers the possibility to integrate web applications straight into the desktop environment, without the need of a browser. On Windows 8 it can add a Start button functionality of the launcher in Windows 7 and below.
- Search bar
- Real-time notifications from web apps
- Boots straight into Desktop environment (Windows 8)
- Quick access to files and programs on the system
- Disables all hot corners (Windows 8)
- Free of cost
Pokki features all the elements of the Start menu in Windows 7 but the layout is different as the list of recently used programs, the power button and the menu items are all available in a single column. It may take some getting used to but adapting to this is not difficult.
With Pokki you have to complete the action old-school style because you are presented with the power options screen (it can also be called by pressing Alt+F4 on the desktop). This appears only in the case of the shutdown procedure, all the other actions are carried out on the spot with no further delay.
- Pokki is a only way to get access to your programs without having to go through the modern UI start screen in Windows 8. It does not give you the original Start button in Windows but it manages to offer a new way to launch applications as well as integrate web apps into your desktop.