Well, I understand you have upgraded your OS to Windows 8 and I'M going to share a small and fine working trick for drivers issue with an example of Dell Bluetooth Driver Problem in Windows 8, and your OS does not detect Bluetooth.
Whenever you try to install the Bluetooth Drivers provided by Dell Website, it gives you Compatibility error.
So the solution is below:
- Download the Bluetooth Drivers (Dell Wireless 365) from Dell Website www.dell.com/support/drivers/ under Networks for Windows 7.
- Install (Extract) the .exe file you have downloaded. In my case it is R228749.exe
- Now you get an error message saying "This program is not compatible with this version of Windows.''
- Don't mind that, instead go to C:/Dell/Drivers. Open the folder where you extracted the files, in my case TTW58
- Now open Win32 or Win64 folder depending on the architecture of your processor. If you're not sure, try the next steps with Win64 first, if you get error try Win32.
- Now, in that folder, there is an exe file called Inst. Double click on that and INSTALL.
- Restart the system.
- You now have Windows 8 with working Bluetooth Module on your Dell Inspiron or Vostro or Studio or whatever Laptop.